Romancing Puerto Vallarta -Movement & More with Ada Wells, PT in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (February 26-March 5, 2023)
Puerto Vallarta is a place where "Love is Love" and people come from all over the world to celebrate their love for each other, for the culture, and for beauty of Vallarta. Get ready to find the love in all things Puerto Vallarta and appreciate its unique blend of "old Hollywood meets modern day Mexico" in this 7 day retreat.
Ada Wells, founder of Be Well-Stay Well™, invites you to Casa del Arroyo, an urban oasis that enables you to have an authentic experience paired with just enough modern amenities to stay comfortable in the heart of the historical "Gringo Gulch" of Puerto Vallarta.Check out the details
Daily Mindful Movement
Each day includes Pilates inspired or other intelligent movement classes to prepare your body for the day ahead and/or to rejuvenate you to help you rest later. Ada Wells will bring her decades of movement and rehab experience to cater to the needs and requests of the participants.
We'll also enjoy a casual continental breakfast each morning with the option of having plenty of refreshments and snacks at the villa when you need them.
Get a Taste of Vintage Mexican Glam
Puerto Vallarta was just a remote, sleepy fishing villiage until the early 1960's when John Huston's film, Night of the Iguana, based just south of Vallarta, brought A-List Hollywood actors to the scene.
Our "Gringo Gulch" neighborhood quickly became the place to be for many Hollywood elite and those seeking a getaway that was simple enough to recharge but had enough well-known occupants to add intrigue and spice to the town.
We are less than a 5 minute walk from Casa Kimberley (Elizabeth Taylor's former home) and the Puente del Amor, which was built by the same architect as our home to connect with the home formerly belonging to Richard Burton across the street. We'll explore this neighborhood and its streets in depth, sharing its history along the way.
Streets lead to the beautiful Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe which is in the center of the oldest part of town.
Our "backyard" is the Isla Cuale which is an island green space containing one of Vallarta's cultural centers. It provides a peaceful way to access the beaches and Romantic Zone with just enough color from local vendors and murals to keep you coming back to explore more.
Beaches & Botanical Gardens
Just about a 20-25 minute drive south of our base, we'll make sure to explore parts just south of Puerto Vallarta that are near the area where Night of the Iguana was filmed. The contrast of jungle meets ocean creates a unique opportunity to choose some interesting areas of exploration.
We'll visit the Vallarta Botanical Gardens (ranked #3 in 2022 by USAToday as Best Botanical Garden in North America). There, you can walk its manicured gardens, hike along its trails, swim in the river, or visit the orchid conservatory.
The natural beauty and rustic flavor of the beaches in that part of the bay make it a great way to spend a day. More secluded areas are easily accessible via a moderate jungle/beach hike You can choose to take a moderate jungle/beach hike or by using a water taxi to access more "off the beaten path" areas.
Opportunities to Relax, Reflect, & Recharge
Afternoons will generally allow for free time to do more in-depth exploring on your own, optional tours, or time to relax in or by the pool at Casa del Arroyo, get a massage, have a private session with Ada, or grab a snack and rehydrate with a view.
We are equipped with high speed internet accessible from all rooms if you need to do a quick check-in with your loved ones back at home. The villa is "open air," but each bedroom has its own air conditioning unit to ensure that you can rest in comfort.
21st Century Entertainment Mixed with Mexican Culture
After an optional late afternoon movement class, you'll have no shortage of choices to find great places to eat and sources of entertainment. Casa del Arroyo is walking distance to approximately 130 restaurants within a .3 mile radius. Dinner is not included so that you can experiment on your own or come eat at some classic establishments (Ada can make group reservations in advance) that capture the essence of what drew people to Puerto Vallarta in the past and still are a draw for the area.
We will visit the Malecon where there is no shortage of people to watch and entertainment to enjoy. Or, on any given night, we may hit the Romantic Zone and catch a show or simply run into a random cultural performance on one of the outdoor common areas.
Fireworks occur nightly and are a great way to close out the day.
A perfect location
Because of our proximity to the city center, the Malecon, and the beach, you always have the flexibility to pick and choose how much you feel like experiencing and exploring and when.
If you feel like you need a little space from the group, it's there for you to explore at your pace.
Feel free to step away and soak it all in.
Retreat & Accommodation Options
The pricing below includes both the accommodations and the retreat activities for the entire 7 days (including all relevant taxes, posted in USD) except where otherwise noted. See details at the bottom of page for exactly what is and is not included.
Single Occupancy - King Bed, en suite bathroom $2997 USD
Couple Occupancy (Book as a couple)- Shared King Bed with en suite bathroom $3997 USD ($1998.50 USD pp)
Triple Occupancy (must book together as a trio) - King bed, Queen Sofa Bed, and/or Queen inflatable air mattress with ensuite bathroom and private terrace $5697 USD (or 1899pp)
Retreat Experience Only/Local Option (accommodation NOT included) $1350 USD pp
3 Steps to get started and join us on this adventure.
1. Fill out the form & click submit.
2. Wait for us to contact you to confirm that there is space and/or answer any additional questions you might have.
3. Submit your payment on a separate link that will be given to you when approved.
*Note that submitting this form is not a guarantee of your reservation. Your reservation will be confirmed from payment received from a second link once we have had the chance to communicate with you directly.
- 7 nights accommodations in the heart of Puerto Vallarta at Casa del Arroyo
- Welcome Dinner/Reception at Casa del Arroyo featuring traditional food & appetizers
- All you can drink non-alcoholic refreshments throughout your stay
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- 1-2 Daily group movement classes/experiences
- Daily snacks and/or food at the house to enjoy at your leisure
- 2-4 Hours daily guided activity (local excursions, select entertainment and/or cultural activities)
- Transportation and tickets to Vallarta Botanical Gardens
- Transportation to beaches south of Puerto Vallarta on excursion days
- Being able to access and ask questions to tap into Ada's movement/rehab and local expertise in a casual setting for the duration of the week
- Free time each day for relaxation at Casa del Arroyo or self exploration of Puerto Vallarta with opportunities for additional optional services or excursions
- IVA & lodging taxes
What's NOT Included (some of these may be arranged for an additional fee)
- Airfare or transportation to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Transportation to/from Airport to Casa del Arroyo (can be arranged ahead of time. Usually ranges from about $15-30 to/from the airport depending on the mode of transport.
- Transportation to/from any optional outings or tours or around town (note that most tour origins are within walking distance to catch tour transportation, water taxis, etc.)
- Dinner (except the initial welcome reception): There are over 100 restaurants and places to eat within a .3 mile radius of Casa del Arroyo and there is something for everyone. We will make reservations at some specific restaurants that we feel are worthy of this particular experience, but dinner will not be included in the price.
- Alcoholic beverages not included, but you are welcome to purchase your own and bring them back to the villa enjoy.
- External entertainment or shows that are not brought onto Casa del Arroyo location (may include shows at local venues featuring musicals, comedy, tributes, etc. that are well worth the experience)
- Optional services: private sessions with Ada Wells, PT, in-house massage service, additional private tours/activities beyond the 2-4 hour designated daily activity
- Tips for housekeeping, tour guides, massage therapists, etc.
- Accommodations for any additional nights that are not part of the retreat. If you're interested in coming a few days early, please contact Ada as soon as possible to check on room availability.
Basic Itinerary (Subject to Change)*
Day/Night 1: Sunday: Arrival, appetizers & Dinner at Casa del Arroyo starting at 4:30pm. Relax and get to know each other and get ready for the week.
Day/Night 2: Monday (Getting Oriented): Morning Movement class, guided walk along the river to the local "mercado", shops, and continuing through the Romantic Zone and up the Isla Cuale. Optional late afternoon movement class. Evening: Entertainment at Casa del Arroyo (PV based entertainer). Dinner on your own (or group dinner reservations)
Day/Night 3: Tuesday (Beach/Water Day*): Morning Movement class. Head to beach towns south of Puerto Vallarta for additional exploration during the day. Dinner on your own (or group dinner reservations)
Day/Night 4: Wednesday (Art Appreciation Day): Morning Movement Class. Explore Gringo Gulch in depth and El Centro, enjoying local street art/murals and sculptures on the Malecon during the day. Optional late afternoon movement class. Dinner on your own (or group dinner reservations). Enjoy the Wednesday night Art Walk in the evening.
Day/Night 5: Thursday: (Nature Day): Morning Movement Class. Spend time at the Vallarta Botanical Gardens. Optional late afternoon movement class. Dinner on your own (or group dinner reservations) Optional evening show at Act 2 PV or The Palms Cabaret.
Day/Night 6: Friday: Optional Early morning urban hike to the Mirador (note this is a physically demanding walk up a steep hill) or sleep in. Late-Morning Movement Class, Afternoon creative or cultural activity comes to the villa, then Free Afternoon (with optional appointments with Ada or massage therapist. Dinner on your own (or group dinner reservations).
Day/Night 7: Saturday (Local Beach Day & Enjoy the View): Morning Movement Class. Option for moderate beach hike to Conchas Chinas Beach to Las Playitas Restaurant for lunch/drinks (can UBER there also) or just relax on Los Muertos Beach and take advantage of walking around town. Optional late afternoon movement class. Evening: Enjoy a spectacular view of the sunset and/or fireworks with light food and drinks at a nearby rooftop in the center of town.
Day 8: Sunday: Continental Breakfast, optional pre-travel movement class, wrap up, check out.
* Itinerary may change slightly based on weather, availability, and potential “pop up” events that might be of interest to the group.Check Pricing